Typography
  • Smaller Small Medium Big Bigger
  • Default Helvetica Segoe Georgia Times

Dharamshala: The Lower Tibetan Children's Village (TCV) school, Dharamshala, north India, has been hit by a food poisoning epidemic, leaving one student dead and 300 ill.

Late last week, students at Lower TCV were affected by fever, diahorreah and vomiting. The poisoning is suspected to have come from a stir-fried noodle dish, although it is possible it was caused by contaminated drinking water.

80 students were hospitalised in Delek hospital and others local facilities, of which half have now been discharged. The school campus will remain closed for five days as a precautionary measure.

The police have not been involved, but it has been reported that a committee will be formed to investigate the incident.

Cheap & Effective Advertising
E-mail: editor@thetibetpost.com