Lucerne, Switzerland — “It is morally not justifiable to do business with a country like China, where Tibetans are tortured and systematically suppressed, millions of Uyghurs are put into concentration camps or protests in Hong Kong are brutally cracked down. Human rights must be demanded in talks with China,” said Jigme Adotsang, former President of Tibetan Youth Association in Europe(TYAE).

Dharamshala, India — “We should include warm-heartedness in education, not for religious reasons, but for the sake of the health of the individual and for peaceful families, communities and world,” said His Holiness the Dalai Lama while giving a talk on Educating the Heart for the New Millennium.

Paris, France — Tibetan filmmaker Dhondup Wangchen in Europe to raise awareness about China's ongoing Human Rights violations in Tibet and said “I made a film called Leaving Fear Behind, interviewing Tibetans on the ground to air their views and grievances and for this 25-minute film, China tortured me and gave me a six-year prison sentence. China does not deserve the honour of hosting the 2022 Winter Olympics and the IOC should withdraw all athletes.”

Washington, USA — “I am designating Burma, the People’s Republic of China, Eritrea, Iran, the DPRK, Pakistan, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Tajikistan, and Turkmenistan as Countries of Particular Concern for having engaged in or tolerated “systematic, ongoing, and egregious violations of religious freedom,” Secretary of State Anthony Blinken said in a statement.

Sponsored Advertisements
E-mail: editor@thetibetpost.com